Sending a Payment Request later
To send a payment request when editing an order, please see our documentation on Sending a Payment Request with Edit Order. This article will show you how to send a payment request for an order that has already been created or edited.
- Open the order in you Shopify Admin
- In the More Actions menu, click on Send Payment Request
- On the next screen, you can customize the To email address, Subject, and Message that will be used for the emailed payment request invoice. Edit Order prefills these fields with information from your order, so you hopefully won't have to make any changes. All fields are required.
- The Amount Due that is shown on this screen is the amount that the customer will be asked to pay in the payment request.
- Finally, click Send Payment Request. This will send a payment request out to your customer without editing the order any further. When processing has been completed successfully, Edit Order will automatically redirect you back to the edited order.
Your order's status, order number, and information will remain the same because we did not have to edit the order in order send the payment request.