Creating and editing draft orders
You can use Edit Order’s powerful order creator to customize pricing, add line item properties, and more for new orders and then save that order as a draft in Shopify. This will also allow you to pick up where you left off at a later time and use Shopify’s built-in Email invoice and Pay with credit card functionality to simplify billing.
Not all features of Edit Order are available for Save as Draft due limitations in Shopify’s API. Here are the current known limitations in Save as Draft for Edit Order:
- Changes to product and variant titles on draft orders
- Order numbers cannot be changed or assigned
- Increases to product pricing are not allowed when creating or editing draft orders. You can, however, add line items as custom products in order to increase a product’s price
Create a new draft order
1. From the Orders listing page in your Shopify Admin, click More Actions, then click on New Order
2. When you’ve finished working on your new order, click Save as Draft in the upper left corner
3. You will now be redirected to your new draft order
Edit an existing draft order
Any draft order can be edited, regardless of whether or not it was created by Edit Order. To edit your draft order, open the draft order you want to edit in your Shopify Admin, then click More Actions, then click Edit Order. You can then edit your order as you would normally and click Save as Draft when you're done working on the order.
If you have any more questions on Save as Draft, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org