Exchanging a product
Exchange for different variants
To exchange a line item for a different variant, size, material, or colour:
1. Click on the line item's variant name or SKU
2. Then, in the dropdown menu, click on the correct variant that you would like to exchange to.
Exchange for a different product
If you need to switch out a line item for an entirely different product, you can do so by removing the original line item and replacing it with the product you want to add.
1. Click on the product search bar "Search products and hidden products by name, SKU, barcode..."
2. Type the name, SKU, or barcode of the product you would like to add.
3. Hover over the product you want to remove then click the "trash can" icon on the right.
4. Once you're done exchanging the product, click Save.
Once you click Save, the original order will be marked as cancelled, the item you exchanged will be returned to inventory, and a new order will be created.
Collect payment for an exchange
- If your exchanged item is the same amount as the returned item, the customer would not be charged again nor would they receive a refund.
- If your exchanged item is less than the amount of the returned item, Order Editor will automatically refund the difference to your customer through the customer's original order.
- If your exchanged item is greater than the amount of the returned item, you can send out an invoice using Order Editor's Payment Request feature to collect the amount owed.
For more information, please see our documentation on How Order Editor handles order totals after editing