Introduction to order editing in Quick Mode
Cleverific Order Editor has two editing modes: Quick Mode and Advanced Mode. This article will go over what Quick Mode is, the types of edits available, and its limitations.
- In Quick Mode, all edits are saved on the original order but are subject to Shopify's order editing platform limitations
- In Advanced Mode, Shopify platform limitations are bypassed to allow additional types of edits by performing a "save-as" edit, which cancels the original order and applies payment to an edited version of the order.
What is Quick Mode?
In Quick Mode, your edits are all saved directly on your order. Once you’ve completed and saved your edits, they will all appear on the original order without canceling that original order or creating separate orders.
Types of edits available in Quick Mode
If you want to make simple and immediate changes to your orders, like adding a discount to a line item, Quick Mode allows you to make edits just like you would in Shopify. Here are some of the available edits:
- Add discounts to existing line items
- Exchange a product variant inline
- Add/remove/modify custom fields
- Add and remove items
- Change quantity
- Add custom items
- Update order notes
- Change contact email address
- Charge additional amount with payment requests
You can also access these features in Quick Mode:
- Make edits to orders between customer authorization and payment capture
- Add groups of saved products to orders with a button
- Automatically refund your customer after the first edit
- Save invoice messages for Payment Requests
- View customer info (Average Order Value (AOV), Order History, Total Spend) on orders
- See full product SKUs when you search for products
Does Quick Mode have any limitations?
Quick Mode does have a limited range of edits available. The full range of Order Editor's editing capabilities are available in Advanced Mode, including: changing billing address, switching customers, changing order number, changing product taxes and weights, and more. You can read through a comprehensive list of features and edits in this article.
If you have any additional questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com.