Saving a new order as a draft order
New orders created in Cleverific Order Editor can be saved as draft orders in Shopify. Save as draft gives you the customization options available through Order Editor with the added flexibility of draft orders. Save as draft will also allow you to accept a regular transaction through Shopify Payments without the need to send a payment request through Order Editor. This article will show you how to create a draft order using Order Editor.
Save a new order as a draft order
1. From the Orders listing page in your Shopify Admin, click More Actions, then click New Order.
2. When you’ve finished working on your new order, click More Action, then Save as Draft in the upper right corner.
3. You will now be redirected to your new draft order.
NOTE: Order Editor applies pricing decreases in the form of a line item discount. This means that if you edit a draft order you created using Order Editor again, the discount will be applied via a line item discount. You may need to remove this line item discount to accurately reflect your edits:
Not all features of Order Editor are available when creating a draft order due to limitations in Shopify’s API. Here are the current known limitations for draft orders for Order Editor:
- Product and variant titles can't be changed in draft orders.
- Order numbers can't be changed or assigned.
- Increasing the product price is not allowed when creating or editing draft orders. You can, however, add line items as custom products in order to increase a product’s price
If you have any more questions about draft orders, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org