Accept and generate pre orders
Edit Order can be used to create pre orders for products that are not yet available for fulfillment. This article will show you how.
Generate pre-orders through the Shopify Admin
- Create a new order with the pre-order item, and leave the item unfulfilled.
- Once the product comes in, open the order and select “Send Payment Request” from the “More actions” drop down menu.
- Once the payment is received from your customer, fulfill the order.
Pre-order through the front-end of your store
- Create a custom payment gateway called "Pre Order"
- Instruct your customers through the product listing to select the "Pre Order" payment gateway upon checking out.
- “Send a payment request” for the order once the product is ready for fulfillment.
- When the payment is received, fulfill the order.
We also highly recommend getting in touch with us before setting up pre orders so that we can make sure you're set up for success: email@example.com
Use product variants to accept deposits
- Create a variant of the pre-order product with the price set to the desired deposit amount.
- Generate the preorder through the Shopify admin, and/or list the deposit variant on the front end of your store.
Collecting the rest of the cost
- Open the orders and click “Edit Order” from the “More actions” drop down menu.
- Remove the pre-order deposit variant from the order.
- Replace it with the regular product variant a full-price.
- Click “Save”
- Click “Send Payment Request”
- Once an order is marked as paid, fulfill the order.
Questions? We’d love to hear from you! Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org