Customer Portal Quickstart
To enable Customer Portal on your store, you need to add a snippet to your Shopify order status page and turn on Customer Portal. Customer Portal is not turned on by default. This means you can test your setup before giving access to Customer Portal to your customers.
This article will show you how to:
- Find the snippet in your Customer Portal Settings.
- Add the snippet to your Shopify order status page.
- Test your setup
- Enable Customer Portal in your settings.
Find the snippet in your Customer Portal Settings
- In your Customer Portal Settings, navigate to Enable Customer Portal
- Under Customer Portal self-service editing, you will see that Customer Portal is turned off and the snippet is not detected.
- Under Copy and add snippet to order status page, click to copy the snippet
Add the snippet to your Shopify order status page
- Under Copy and add snippet to order status page, click Additional Scripts section of your order status page.
- You'll arrive in the Checkout section of your Shopify settings.
- Navigate to Order status page.
- In the Additional scripts field, paste the snippet.
- Click Save.
Verify your setup
- In your Customer Portal Settings, navigate to Enable Customer Portal.
Under Create test order to verify Customer Portal setup, click Create a test order.
- Click View test order.
You'll see Snippet detected after performing the previous steps and refreshing your page.
You can also open the email confirmation you just received and click View your order.
- On the order status page, under the Change Order section, click Edit order.
- If you see your order details and the ability to change them, then you have just successfully set up Customer Portal!
Enable Customer Portal in your settings
- Go to Apps > Cleverific Order Editor.
Click Customer Portal to access your Customer Portal Settings.
- Navigate to the Enable Customer Portal section.
- Click Turn On.
Once turned on, your customers will have access to edit their orders on their order status page.